Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wenger Won't Spend Profits

Arsene Wenger will not be signing any new players despite Arsenal reporting record earnings for the last financial year.

The frugal Frenchman is believed to have up to £80million to spend should he require, but insists he has no immediate plans to head into the transfer market.

Wenger is happy with the "world-class" players he currently has at his disposal and is not tempted to spend any of the club's recently announced £35million after tax profits.

"There is money to spend but at the moment I am very happy with the squad I have," said Wenger.

"It's not because I'm against spending money; I have nothing against spending money. It is not a personal thing, it is just that I have a squad that is strong enough to compete."

Speaking ahead of Tuesday's Champions League clash with Olympiacos, he added: "I do not spend money because out of tomorrow's squad is (Samir) Nasri, (Theo) Walcott, (Nicklas) Bendtner.

"People want me to buy strikers, but where do I put them? I don't know. I have to then lose players who, for me, are world-class."

Adopted from http://www.4thegame.com/club/arsenal-fc/news/247477/wenger_wont_spend_profits.html

___________________________________________________________________

I totally agreed with Arsene Wenger that Arsenal currently have a world-class squad and there are several great forwarders such as Robin van Persie, Nicklas Bendtner, Carlos Vela, and Eduardo plus other players that can play forward such as Theo Walcott, Andrev Arshavin, and Samir Nasri. However the problem is they are too young and lacking of the experiences in front of goals. The current top scorers for Arsenal is Vermaelen (defender) and Fabregas (midfield) with three goals each in the English Premier League. A player can't growth to become very good in a short time, it will take some time especially they are so young.

No matter how, I really wish Arsenal can buy someone that have proven scoring record. It surely will contribute to the growing of the young players. If Arsenal don't want to spend a fortune on the striker, they can consider bring back Henry to Arsenal, although he is getting old, his experiences and skills surely will help Arsenal and the current squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment